Search Darryl Dwayne Chronicles

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Darryl Dwayne Shoots The R&B Sensation Sanura Harris




Her music is captivating and so is her personality!  I first met Sanura Harris working as the director of Costume and Design for Indie Film "Incomplete" written and co-directed by Charles Farmer.  Working on this film allowed me and Sanura become pretty close.  After-all she was one of the lead actresses for
the film and because of that I had a lot of time to carve out around making her character "Shy" read as the in your face sexy, quick with a punchline straight to the truth styling say all of that at once without over shadowing the brilliant writing of Charles Farmer.  During the filming of this film I knew I had to work with Sanura again. Her energy is contagious and freedom of self expression is inspiring.

Normal Sanura
Remixed Sanura


As fate would have it this beautiful young talented lady and I would cross paths again in the Big Apple.  Call it fate, call it destiny but the time had arrived for us to work together again.   Now Sanura is already a strikingly beautiful young lady but I wanted to shoot her in a way that would take her out of her normal Sanura persona and venture into maybe some more editorial styled shooting.  


Collaborating with wardrobe stylist "Just J of Just J Designs" we believe we managed to shoot Sanura differently then all the photographers she's worked with previously.  I had a blast shooting Sanura and I believe stepping out of the box was best look for us on this shoot with this mesmerizing songstress.

     Take a look hope you like!!! And make sure to stay tuned to see me and Just J's out takes at the end of the video.... Also go download Sanura's last project "View From The Q" 















No comments:

Post a Comment