Search Darryl Dwayne Chronicles

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Darryl Dwayne On Red Carpet At "Incomplete" Film Premier




Morning family I know that it's been quite a while since my last post but sooooooo many good things have transpired since then.  With that being said my schedule had been super packed so I wasn't able to share with you all my experiences as I would have liked! So now I guess I'm kind of playing catch-up.  Well, for those who follow my blog you would have been aware that I was contracted out to be the director of costume and design for the Indie Film Incomplete a while back and we just recently had the first red carpet movie premier.  



Darryl Dwayne Walking Red Carpet At "Incomplete" Movie Premier 

I must say that I am truly blessed. This entire experience has been beyond great. I have never learned so much all while being able to work in my craft/element.  I remember when I was being vetted for this project and I was pulling together my fashion story board to take in with me for my second meeting with the Director, AD and the Writer.   I was super nervous but also excited that they were even considering me!
Darryl Dwayne On Red Carpet With Lead Actor From the Film "Incomplete" Mike Pain
.

Sanura lead actress from the film cutting up with Darryl Dwayne on red carpet

I know a lot of people probably are thinking hey, "Indie-Film BIG DEAL!"  But for me I saw it as the perfect way to get my feet wet, especially since this was my first major project of this nature.  Sure I've dressed actor's, singer's and performers for a while now but having to outfit an entire cast all while allowing their character's style journey to evolve with the way the character is written is by no means an easy task.  But me and my beyond awesome assistant Cee Cee managed to pull it off without a hitch.





Director Of Costume and Design Darryl Dwayne Being interviewed with Director of Hair and Makeup Tasha Bailey.

The movie is impeccably written after reading it I was immediately down to work with the production of this film.  Anyone who really knows me, knows that I'm a nerd at heart and word's and word placement mean a lot to me.  I don't feel enough people truly know the power in a word!  Words can build you up and tear you down.  Word's play an even bigger factor in story telling because you have to place words in a sequence that will arrest the attention of the readers all while not directly divulging the climatic ending.  The movie "Incomplete" does all that and then some! I must say that overall after attending the movie premier we managed to pull off a excellent exhibition in the art of story telling mapped out on film.

Darryl Dwayne On Red Carpet Movie Premier 





















I'm really looking forward to all the big things this film will do and all the many doors that will open for me and the cast of this film due to our thoughtful work and dedication.  If you would like to check out a preview of the film just scroll down and press play...

Press Play Movie Preview.... 

Press Play Movie Preview2........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment